Foundation for Integrated Transport - FIT
Temporary Web site
Last revised April 20th 2016
Who are we?
The Foundation for Integrated Transport is an independent charitable foundation. Its aims are to promote comprehensive integrated public transport networks, including in particular better local and regional bus networks; to increase awareness of existing sustainable transport options; to support initiatives that help promote sustainable transport; to support groups and individuals promoting and protecting local bus networks and sustainable transport; and to promote car-free access and sustainable transport to leisure and tourism attractions.
Some projects currently funded are:
- Transport for New Homes A project looking at how different models for new housing developments provide for sustainable transport. The project is centred on visiting recently built new housing to observe transport in situ. The models are: large urban extensions; organic housing expansion, new towns in the countryside and urban large-scale apartments.
- Good Journey We are working with leisure and tourist attractions to promote getting to them by public transport, cycling and walking.
- A World Class Bus System A description of the problems with the present system of provision of bus services; a vision of an excellent bus system and proposals for transforming the bus system. A report is shortly being launched at a Parliamentary event.
- Keep Sussex Special While Keeping It Moving How to get better transport along the South Coast without the disruptive effects of large scale road construction; particularly focusing on the areas around Arundel and Worthing/Lancing.
- Grassroots Demand for Integrated Transport We are helping local campaigners for sustainable transport to promote, and take advantage of, new sustainable transport opportunities; and we are helping local authorities to provide such opportunities in ways acceptable to local communities and avoiding backlash.
- Rural Bus Services Many of these are threatened with cuts in public subsidy and consequent closure. We are working with local authorities and groups of bus users to ensure the continuation of services.
CONTACT : If you require more information before our full web site goes online, please email email@example.com. Thank you.