The Foundation for Integrated Transport was established by the late Dr Simon Norton in 2014 to promote sustainable and transformational transport solutions.
Simon’s vision was a world:
- where humans have a right to get around without a car;
- where people can travel with minimum impact on other people’s lives and the environment;
- where trains and buses are integrated and safe and attractive routes are provided for walking and cycling; and
- where barriers to transport justice are removed, by means which include volunteering and social enterprise.
FIT’s focus on transport as a basic human right and climate change reflects Simon’s priorities and serves as a memorial to him.
Read more about Simon here.
As a grant-making charity (number 1156363) we provide:
- grants to organisations, projects and citizen groups;
- fellowships to develop skills and experience of transport activists;
- small grants to local campaigns to complement the work of volunteers; and
- investments in social enterprises that provide sustainable mobility.
The Trustees of the Foundation for Integrated Transport are:
Matt Bonomi, strategic transport professional, Head of Transport and Access at Royal Parks
Chris Crean, environmental campaigner, Regional Campaigner at Friends of Earth
Roger French, OBE, former Managing Director of Brighton and Hove Buses
Mark Frost, transport planning and sustainable development, Director of Fern Consulting Services
Alastair Hanton, secretary, Foundation for Integrated Transport
Lisa Hopkinson, environmental scientist and researcher, Associate of Transport for Quality of Life
Rebecca Lush, environmental campaigner, Local Campaigns Support Officer for Transport Action Network
Stephen Joseph, OBE, transport policy consultant
Alex Norton, entrepreneurial IT professional
Michael Norton, social entrepreneur
Jenny Raggett, transport and spatial planning, Project Coordinator of Transport for New Homes
Dr Lynn Sloman, founder, Transport for Quality of Life consultancy; Board member, Transport for London
John Stewart, transport and environmental campaigner, Chair of HACAN East and UK Noise Association