Apply for funding from FIT
FIT provides grants (typically between £5,000 and £30,000) for projects that promote and deliver transport as a basic right and tackle climate change and emissions from transport.
FIT’s vision is a world where:
- People have a right to a decent life without having to own or drive a car
- People can travel with minimum impact on other people’s lives and the environment
- Trains and buses are integrated and safe and attractive routes are provided for walking and cycling
- Barriers to transport justice are removed, by means which include volunteering and social enterprise
- Projects that aim for high-quality, low-carbon, affordable public transport
- Projects that achieve significant reductions in car use and increase the use of public transport, walking and cycling
- Transformational projects that achieve and inspire large-scale change on the ground, as opposed to reports and policy reviews
- Projects which are led by energetic, practical people who may have demonstrated effective achievements in related fields
- Grassroots citizen groups arguing for radical change
- A new generation of transport campaigners
- Initiatives that change minds, for example about using cars or the impacts of flying
- Campaigns to charge car and plane users for the external costs they impose on society and the environment for instance taxing aviation, road pricing, levies on car parking and raising revenue for local authorities
Update: FIT’s recent call for proposals resulted in a large number of excellent applications. Given resources are now limited, trustees are only accepting exceptional applications for decision at their September 2021 board meeting.
Please contact our administrator to arrange a conversation with a trustee before making an application. Trustees are unlikely to award grants higher than £15,000 in September 2021.
Please fill and submit the application form below. This will be reviewed by our administrator. Some proposals may be turned down if they do not meet our criteria, or more detail may be requested.
Suitable proposals will then be forwarded to trustees, with final decisions made at quarterly board meetings.
Please submit application forms by 30 August 2021 for decision at the September 2021 board meeting.Following deadlines are 29 November 2021 and 28 February 2022.
But we advise submitting proposals in advance of these deadlines to give trustees enough time for full consideration.
Please feel free to contact us for further information, guidance, or a conversation with a trustee before making an application.