Apply for funding from FIT
FIT provides grants (typically between £5,000 and £30,000) for UK-focused projects that promote and deliver transport as a basic right and tackle climate change and emissions from transport.
FIT’s vision is a world where:
- People have a right to a decent life without having to own or drive a car
- People can travel with minimum impact on other people’s lives and the environment
- Trains and buses are integrated and safe and attractive routes are provided for walking and cycling
- Barriers to transport justice are removed, by means which include volunteering and social enterprise
- Campaigns to charge car users for the external costs they impose on society and the environment, for instance road pricing, levies on car parking, and raising revenue for local authorities
- Projects that aim for high-quality, low-carbon, cheap or free public transport
- Projects that achieve significant reductions in car use and increase the use of public transport, walking and cycling
- Transformational projects that achieve and inspire large-scale change on the ground, as opposed to reports and policy reviews
- Projects which are led by energetic, practical people who may have demonstrated effective achievements in related fields
- Grassroots citizen groups arguing for radical change
- A new generation of transport campaigners
- Initiatives that change minds, for example about using cars
- Please note, we do not fund capital costs such as the purchase of minibuses, bikes, or bike sheds, or the operational costs of minibus or bike schemes.
Please complete and submit the application form below; this will then be reviewed by our Grants Manager. Some proposals may be turned down if they do not meet our criteria, or more detail may be requested.
Suitable proposals will then be forwarded to trustees, with final decisions made at quarterly Board meetings.
Deadlines by which to receive applications are as follows:
- 23rd February 2024 (for decision at the March Board meeting)
- 24th May 2024 (for decision at the June Board meeting)
- 23rd August 2024 (for decision at the September Board meeting)
- 15th November 2024 (for decision at the December Board meeting)
Applications must be received by 23:55 on the above dates. We advise submitting proposals in advance of these deadlines in order to resolve any application queries before the decision making meeting.
Please feel free to contact us for further information, guidance, or a conversation with a trustee before making an application.